I couldn’t wait to share this session! Sweet little A. was born last month but I know the wait was worth to finally share her images. Many parents worry if their baby is not within the recommended 2 weeks for their newborn portraits but as you can see, older babies do an awesome job and we get gorgeous images. Little A slept through her whole session and was even more settled than most of the littles that I photograph. I loved the girlie headbands and delicate wraps we used. I photograph a lot of boys (and I’m a mom of two little guys plus an almost 18 yr old daughter ) so when I get to capture a little baby girl, I get extra excited.. feels like it’s playing dress up. Below are some favorites from A session..
Welcome to the world O. 6 days new. I love when I get to photograph families as they grow….I photographed O. Big sister a few years ago. Baby O. was a dream to photograph. Here are some of my favorites from her session. These sessions take place in the comfort of your own home.
Whoa, gorgeous MaMa! Capturing K. maternity session at my home studio is quite a treat because not only do I get to spend time with a glowing mama, but we also with different outfits. Bonus: In a few weeks I’ll get to snuggle her new baby! Maternity sessions are such an important way to document this huge milestone in your life. Glowing mama and growing family! Your littles will want to look back on these moments, and your photographs will show them just how excited the family was for their arrival. Maternity sessions are typically captured between 32 and 36 weeks, and we can go as easy as you need or be as adventurous as you want! I’ll help you select a location – in your home or outdoors – and outfits! This process is meant to be FUN and EASY, so I’ll hold your hand! What are you waiting for?!
Making her big debut on the blog today is precious newborn baby Cecilia photographed by yours truly, ) She is the sweetest little baby and really melted my heart during the entire session. Her big brother did amazing with her who I also got to photograph when he was a newborn too, so it was great to see him now playing the role of big brother! Big Brother was super excited to hold his new baby sister and have his picture taken as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if baby Cecilia grows up to be a model- she just looked so cute in everything we put her in and every pose we placed her in.
Sharing this sweet little babe on the blog today. Nothing beats newborn photography for me, this is my favorite type of photography...Just the newness of the little one and the excitement to document a new addition to a family is so special to me. I am so thankful for every set of new parents that allow me into their homes to photograph their new baby. Here are my favorites from this session.
I still find it mind blowing when I look at all these beautiful babies from last year! 2017 was an amazing year for me and I got to meet so many amazing families and hear their stories.
So last year I photographed over 65 newborn babies…..65…..wow….I can’t believe it was that many! So many have been back already for their 6-8 month sitter sessions and so many booked in this year! I can’t wait to se everyone again. Newborn Photography is a passion that doesn’t fade with me. I find newborn babies so wonderful and mesmerising! They are each so different and it’s mind boggling that at sometimes just seven days old you can see their personalities emerging!
So here is to another busy year with my newborns – can’t wait to meet you all:)
So you’ve booked a session with me. Now the fun part… planning what to wear! Here are four of my favorite “what to wear” tips for you and your family.
- Gone are the days where everyone wears a white shirt with blue jeans for family pictures. Instead, coordinate around a general color scheme of 3-4 colors, and then mix and match with different types of fabric, prints, solids, and/or accent colors.
- Accessorize and layer (think scarves, shirts, cute jackets, cardigans, vests, boots and jewelry!) Accessories and layers add interest and depth to photographs.
- I always suggest for moms to start with their outfit first. Find something that looks and feels great on YOU, moms! Then have your kids or husband snap a quick cell phone picture of you in your outfit. Do you still love the outfit? Perfect! Next up: build the rest of the family’s outfits around yours… (I usually start with finding something for the kids in the family and then find something for the hubs last).
- Don’t forget the shoes! I’m guilty of this one — especially for my own kids! My son wears bright blue high top tennis shoes. not something I exactly want in my family photos, right? Shoes don’t have to be fancy, just something a little nicer than bright blue tennis shoes.
- And lastly, please feel free to email or text me if you are looking for suggestions or are having a hard time deciding between a couple outfits! That’s what I am here for and is definitely part of custom photography experience if needed!
Last week i was able to hang out with this lovely family again to capture Conner's 6 month milestone and some sibling photos. I photographed Conner as a newborn and love when families come to see me again for their babies milestones. Here is a sneak peek from my session with Conner.
Wow! What an incredible year! THANK YOU to my amazing clients, family and friends for your support this past year. I'm thrilled with how my business has grown & I can not wait to see what 2016 will bring. Your support means the world to me and I am honored that you choose Jacki G. Photography to document your life in pictures. I have attached some of my favorites from 2015. As of 2016 I will be offering a mobile app. when you book a regular session. Yay!!
A few of my favorite maternity sessions.
This little one. I could have cuddled her all day! She is just the sweetest, most perfect bundle of girl ever. I was so glad I got to spend a morning with them and capture their new little addition!
I photographed a beautiful couple about to welcome their first child together in a few short weeks. The weather was just perfect. The sun was setting on the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts grounds as the setting of this beautiful maternity location. I can't wait to meet the little one in Jan.
As a professional portrait photographer, my passion is creating beautiful custom imagery that will be treasured by your family for generations. Lincoln was an older newborn at one month old. He was awake for a lot of the session but in the end i think we achieved beautiful images his mom loves.